Hey luvs, we are Mahe and Raahema. We are two cousins who, despite the geographic distance that divides us, share the same love for fashion. Between living in the Garden state, NJ and the Keystone state, PA, we come across many different people with many unique styles. We are Pakistani-Americans and while we straddle two very different cultures, we find a good balance between the two. Our sense of style is influenced by our religious background as well as our culture. We will fill you in on all the things we are loving this season.xoxo.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mehndi!

Hey luvs, so today's post will be a Fashion in Another World post! Recently I went to a pre-wedding party called a mehndi. In my culture, a mehndi is a fun party where people dance and sing for the bride and groom. The bride usually wears yellow and all the guests get dressed up for a night of fun. So today I wanted to show all of you what I wore. I hope you like it!!


 So, to the Mehndi I wore a Lehnga. A lehnga is basically a dressy shirt, like the one above, and a long skirt. My aunt (Raahema's mom) got this for me last summer from Pakistan. The gold threading looked really pretty over the maroon and green shirt.

As for hair and makeup, I straightened my hair and braided my bangs back. For my makeup I used different shades of copper eyeshadow. I put a little bit of black eyeliner on my lower lash line to add some dimension. Lastly, I finished off the look with pink blush and a raspberry lip color! 

For this look I didn't add any jewelry because of the detail going on in my outfit!
I hope you enjoyed!!
xoxo,
Mahe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment