Hey luvs, we are Mahe and Raahema. We are two cousins who, despite the geographic distance that divides us, share the same love for fashion. Between living in the Garden state, NJ and the Keystone state, PA, we come across many different people with many unique styles. We are Pakistani-Americans and while we straddle two very different cultures, we find a good balance between the two. Our sense of style is influenced by our religious background as well as our culture. We will fill you in on all the things we are loving this season.xoxo.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Health and Fitness Part 2: Healthy Eating!!

      Hey luvs! It's Raahema here, and today I am going to be talking to all of you about healthy eating. While this isn't  beauty/fashion related this is something that I am really passionate about. A while back, I blogged about fitness so you can check that post out as well. Disclaimer: This post is not about losing weight, but staying healthy and fit!

Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are extremely important for your health, and are imperative to have in your meals throughout the day. I would suggest to try to have at least one serving of fruits or vegetables each day. Also, if you don't especially love one, then try the other. In my case, I do not like vegetables at all. I still eat them but I have more fruits than vegetables because I like fruits a lot. Some of my favorite fruits, that I recommend trying if you haven't already are mango's, kiwis, plums, and apricots. I also love berries. Strawberries and blueberries are extremely delicious! For vegetables I would recommend carrots, because they are a great source of fiber. I always prefer baby carrots with ranch!




Water: I cannot stress the importance of water enough. Water is not only good for your health, but is also good for your nails, skin, and hair. One tip that I have to drink more water is to always carry around a water bottle. This will remind yourself to drink water all throughout the day! Try to drink at least six glasses of water per day, and then work yourself up to eight.

A Balanced Diet: In your everyday diet, it is important to have a variety of foods. This way you will get many different nutrients and will be able to enjoy many different foods! Try including fruits/vegetables, meats, dairy products, and bread in your daily meals.

Portion sizes: Instead of having three big meals a day, I recommend having four to five smaller meals. Doing this will make you less hungry during the day, and will stop you from over-eating at certain meals. I suggest having one or two small snacks in between breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

So what did all of you think of my post on healthy eating? Leave your response in the comments below!

xoxo,
Raahema <3

No comments:

Post a Comment